Doug Wright is an award-winning American playwright, librettist, and screenplay writer. For his 2004 play, I Am My Own Wife, he won both a Tony Award and a Pulitzer Prize.
Stage adaptations of:
- The Little Mermaid, planned for a Broadway production in 2007.
- Grey Gardens, premiered Off-Broadway at Playwrights Horizons in February 2006. Slated to open on Broadway at the Walter Kerr Theatre in the Fall of 2006.
Works on Stage
Works on Film
- Memoirs of a Geisha
Awards and honors
- 2004 Tony Award for Best Play, I Am My Own Wife
- 2004 Pulitzer Prize for Drama, I Am My Own Wife
- 2005 Lambda Literary Award for Drama, I Am My Own Wife