La jolie fille de Perth (The Fair Maid of Perth) is an opera in four acts by Georges Bizet (1866), from a libretto by Jules-Henri Vernoy de Saint-Georges and Jules Adenis, after the novel by Sir Walter Scott.
It received its first performance at the Théâtre Lyrique, Paris, on 26th December 1867.
- Henri (Henry) Smith, a blacksmith (tenor)
- Cathérine Glover (soprano)
- Simon Glover, her father, a glover (bass)
- Mab, queen of the gypsies (soprano)
- Ralph, Glover's apprentice (bass / baritone)
- Le Duc de Rothsay (Duke of Rothsay) (baritone / tenor)
- A Lord in his service (tenor)
- His Major-Domo (bass)
- 1985 June Anderson - Cathérine Glover; Alfredo Kraus - Henri Smith; Gino Quilico - Le Duc de Rothsay; José van Dam - Ralph; Chœurs de Radio-France, Nouvel Orchestre Philharmonique, cond. Georges Prêtre. EMI 747 559-8
- 1989 Barbara Hendricks - Cathérine Glover; John Aler - Henri Smith; Gino Quilico - Le Duc de Rothsay; Jean-Philippe Courtis - Ralph; Chœurs et Orchestre de Toulouse, cond. Michel Plasson. EMI 749 837-2